Kristen is a single woman and has never had a problem managing her finances. Recently, she has become interested in sustainable and gender lens investing. Yet when she approached her current financial advisor about restructuring her portfolio with these goals in mind, he told her that her account wasn’t big enough to warrant the extra work involved.
He also told her that he had no idea about investing with a gender lens and couldn’t even help her if he thought it was worth the additional effort. Despite this roadblock, Kristin was highly motivated to make changes to her portfolio. She sought out Artemis as a partner to help increase her own knowledge base regarding ESG investments and to provide a personalized level of service and care to her investments.
How Artemis Helped
- We facilitated an education session with Kristin on the sustainable and impact investing landscape.
- Artemis advisor Kathleen McQuiggan, an early pioneer in the gender lens investing space, helped Kristin identify a variety of gender lens investment options across the asset class spectrum.
- We designed a comprehensive financial plan so Kristin could create an impact investing pool of capital, while knowing a retirement portfolio will be in place to take care of her for the rest of her life.
- We developed an investment policy statement reflecting Kristin’s values and developed a portfolio using ESG integration that included some gender lens funds.
- We helped consolidate and rationalize the various accounts Kristin had accumulated over her successful career.
- We introduced Kristin to some of the impact investing networks we are members of.
- We set up a dashboard in our portal for Kristin to track her entire investment portfolio.