Hilary Arnold, a busy senior executive in the healthcare industry, has saved quite a bit of money over the years. In addition, she comes from an extremely wealthy family and is the beneficiary of several large trusts. Although Hilary is capable of managing her own wealth, she feels burdened by it and strongly believes it would be wrong to leave it all to her three daughters. Instead, she would like to give her money away to philanthropic causes and social endeavors. She is unsure of how to go about this and is looking for advice and assistance from a wealth management expert who has specific knowledge regarding a values-based investment strategy.
How Artemis Helped
- We developed and implemented a low-cost and tax-efficient investment strategy consistent with Hilary’s goals.
- We helped Hilary establish a donor-advised fund (DAF) to help disburse funds to the wide variety of charities she gives to on an annual basis. We showed her the benefits of using a DAF vehicle to save on taxes.
- We introduced her to a philanthropic consultant who, along with our research, helped her create a process for grantmaking, establish a mission statement, and developed a strategic plan for her giving.
- We worked with her and her estate attorney to establish a family limited partnership with her daughters — the purpose of which is to fund social entrepreneurial investments.
- We helped Hilary reorganize her banking relationship.
- We convinced her of the benefit of enrolling in her firm’s deferred compensation program.